O OVGA é um Centro de Ciência que desenvolve atividade de investigação aplicada e de divulgação científica na área da Vulcanologia, da Sismologia e da Geotermia.
Noite Europeia de Vulcanologia 2017 - Concurso de Fotografia - Notícia OVGA B 29-08-2017
Este ano, a 29 de setembro, o Observatório Vulcanológico e Geotérmico dos Açores colabora, novamente, na Noite Europeia de Vulcanologia. Associe-se ao concurso de fotografia!
VOLCANO PHOTO CONTEST
2017 EUROPEAN VOLCANOES NIGHT - September 29, 2017
The Instituto Vulcanológico de Canarias (INVOLCAN) is promoting and organizing in collaboration with other R&D Organizations and Institutions a new edition of the EUROPEAN VOLCANOES NIGHT (http://volcanoesnight.com/) which will be celebrated on September 29, 2017. This event is a "volcanic eruption" of art, culture, music, gastronomy, school activities, geotourism, exhibitions and scientific debates. The 2017 EUROPEAN VOLCANOES NIGHT aims to bring together members of the general public with scientists who work studying volcanoes, in order to meet and ask questions in a relaxed and welcoming setting. This event provides the audience, particularly young people; with the opportunity to meet researchers as well as to promote scientific communications in a relaxed and festive setting and will also have many activities to highlight the appeal of a research career on one of the most attractive natural phenomena: volcanoes!
For the time being, the 2017 EUROPEAN VOLCANOES NIGHT will be held simultaneously in 21 different locations from 8 different countries:
• FUENCALIENTE (La Palma, Canary Islands, Spain)
• INGENIO (Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain)
• PÁJARA (Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, Spain)
• LA OROTAVA (Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain)
• CIUDAD REAL (Ciudad Real, Castilla La Mancha, Spain)
• OLOT (Girona, Cataluña, Spain)
• BOLOGNA (Italy)
• CATANIA (Italy)
• LINGUAGLOSSA (Italy)
• NAPOLI (Italy)
• PISA (Italy)
• STROMBOLI (Italy)
• VULCANO (Italy)
• LAGOA (OVGA São Miguel, Açores, Portugal)
• PORTSMOUTH (United Kingdom)
• PARÍS (France)
• BUDAPEST (Hungary)
• POSTDAM (Germany)
• SANTA CATARINA DO FOGO (Cape Verde)
• PRAIA (Cape Verde)
The 2017 EUROPEAN VOLCANOES NIGHT will have numerous activities which will be used to highlight the attractiveness of the volcanic phenomenon and to emphasize the importance of research on one of the most attractive natural phenomena. Amongst these activities, we present the Volcano Photo Contest of the 2017 EUROPEAN VOLCANOES NIGHT to all people (older than 18 years old) who are willing to participate. The topic for this edition is Volcanoes, Volcanic Processes and Volcanic Landscapes.
VOLCANO PHOTO CONTEST RULES
1. The volcano photo contest is open to anyone over 18 years old who is not a professional photographer. INVOLCAN’s employees and relatives cannot participate in this photo contest.
2. Each participant may submit a single photograph.
3. Photographs taken by persons other than the author will not be accepted.
4. Photographs contrary to the right to honour, personal and family privacy will not be published and accepted for the contest. Any file contrary to the law will not be accepted.
5. Photographs cannot be altered electronically or by any other means. Photo montages are not accepted. Minimum brightness and colour corrections are permitted.
6. Previously published photographs in any professional support, included electronic, will not be accepted, with the exception of social networks for personal use. If the photo is part of a series, this rule applies to all images that belong to the same series.
7. Photographs that have been previously awarded will not be accepted.
8. Participant declares and warrants to the organization that he is the sole owner of all copyright of the photograph submitted to the contest and fully responsible that there are no third-party rights in the work presented, as well as any claim of third parties for image rights.
9. Photographs must be JPEG files with maximum resolution allowed by the camera and minimum size of 1,600 x 1,200 pixels. Photos must be landscape-oriented.
10. Participants who do not meet any of the requirements listed in this announcement will be automatically disqualified.
Photographs Submission and Deadline
Participants must submit their photograph to the email: email@example.com 12:00 h (UTC/GMT) of September 21, 2017, identifying themselves with their full name, phone number, title of photograph. The photos received after this date and time will not be accepted.
· The participants agree that their photos will be displayed during the 2017 EUROPEAN VOLCANOES NIGHT as well as on social channels (http://volcanoesnight.com and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/INVOLCAN/).
· The organization will print out the winning photographs for further expositions. The winning works will be in possession of the organization. After one month of that date, it is considered that the author claims no ownership of it in favor of the organization of 2017 EUROPEAN VOLCANOES NIGHT, which may use it for what it considers most appropriate.
Photograph Evaluation Panel
· An Evaluation Panel for the Volcano Photo Contest will be established by the organization. Its evaluation criteria will be creativity and photographic quality. The selection of the three different photo awards by the Evaluation Panel will be final and unappealable.
· On September 26, 2017, the names of the winners will be announced on the website http://volcanoesnight.com. If the Evaluation Panel considers that the submitted photos for this contest have not sufficient quality, awards could be declared void.
The three different awards are as follows:
· First Award: 200.00 € and a diploma.
· Second Award: 100.00 € and a diploma.
· Third Award: 50.00 € and a diploma.
The organization of the 2017 EUROPEAN VOLCANOES NIGHT will reserve the right of publication and/or reproduction of the awarded photographs, by itself or through third parties, without limitation of time or place, in all cases citing the author's name.
The awards will be given to the winners during the celebration of 2017 EUROPEAN VOLCANOES NIGHT or through bank transfer if they cannot attend at one of the venues of the event.
Sending photos for this VOLCANO PHOTO CONTEST implies that the organization will ask the participants to express consent for the purposes of access to and use of their personal data in order to publish the result of the promotion, using thus their name and likeness, without such use conferring a right of remuneration or benefit. Enrolment of participants in this VOLCANO PHOTO CONTEST implies acceptance of these rules, leaving the organization empowered to resolve any issues arising in the development.
Vulcão Teide (Tenerife - Ilhas Canárias)
Fonte: Observatório Vulcanológico e Geotérmico dos Açores