O OVGA é um Centro de Ciência que desenvolve atividade de investigação aplicada e de divulgação científica na área da Vulcanologia, da Sismologia e da Geotermia.
Assessing the influence of cultural variables perceptions and earthquake hazard information on houselhold emergency preparedness (bolsa de financiamento para candidatos a Doutoramento) - Notícia OVGA 16-11-2017
We seek a Ph.D. student for a new project titled: “Assessing the influence of cultural variables, perceptions, and earthquake hazard information on household emergency preparedness”.
The project involves assessing the influence of different communication strategies on earthquake preparedness behavior for the Portland (Oregon) Metropolitan Area Latino population. The research will include quantitative (questionnaire) and qualitative (focus groups and intervention training) methods to assess the population's current earthquake knowledge, risk perception, and attitudes toward preparedness.
· The student will be conducting and analyzing interviews and survey responses with the Latino population; fluency in Spanish is essential.
· Background in social science and qualitative research (preferably Anthropology, Human Geography, or Human ecology)
· Statistical analysis training
· Interest in human behavior related to culture and environmental hazards
· Strong technical communication skills (written and oral)
· M.S. degree in Cultural Anthropology, Human Geography, Human Ecology, Sociology, or similar)
· Training and experience using GIS
· Previous experience (volunteer or research) with Spanish-speaking populations
· Research published in a peer-reviewed journal
· Research abstract published and presented at a professional meeting
Please contact Dr. Brittany Brand if you have questions: brittanybrand@boise
Fonte: Observatório Vulcanológico e Geotérmico dos Açores